Monday, February 27, 2012

Why Running use to suck..

   Every second of it was painful, persistence wasn't yet in my vocabulary and the word "Can't" ran through my mind numerous times in that forsaken mile run  , I felt embarrassed to be the  fatass chocking on my own breath, to be honest I felt embarrassed to be so slow so unfit such a big ball of lard , it was so hard to see pass my own insecurities and break through my own sense of worth and value but I just had to do it .

 A year has gone by and running has a completely different meaning to me, it's not torture  , it's not discomfort , it's not an emotional roller coaster anymore. It has become my ultimate measure of improvement, and not too long ago I completed my first 10 Kilometers , and am currently completed a marathon program.

(Photo credit: Kacy Ray MCBH 5k Run )

It's hard not to reminisce about those masochistic moments when you began to devote your free time to putting your body through the pain of running. Those great moments filled with self doubt and utter misery in addition to those wonderful slow increments of self improvements are what's made me thrive as a novice and I wouldn't give it up for the world.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment