Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Are You Calling Me Evasive?

   
  I've wanted to be fit all my life but that never stopped me from stuffing my face with junk and being overweight , until a couple of years when I finally decided to finally start loosing weight and then           
an interesting cycle would take place:

Day 1- Oh Im so motivated I cant wait to work out and look like Cher ! (Workout #1)

Day2- Ummm... I really worked hard yesterday and Self magazine had an article about how important it is to take breaks .. ( 0 Workout)

Day 3- I feel so good cant wait to work out again!!... ohhh someone comented on my walll!! (0 Workout)

........

Day 7- Oh man it's sunday and I only workout once this week, maybe I should try again after these holidays are over..

Thanksgiving goes by... so does Christmas and valentines And ....

5 pounds later...
Day 1 Oh man I cant wait to workout and look like Britney Spears!! .....

  Until I finally changed this horrible pattern I was probably one of the most evasive person on this planet ,  never acknowledging my lack of hard work or focus on changing my habits, or my unwillingness to confront unhealthy sabotages on any kind of success that would come my way, and the worst of all deeds was that I refused to keep track of my progress, and therefore would gain what ever weight I was loosing almost immediately. 

 It wasn't easy to look at myself in the mirror and see all my mistakes in fact those where some of the most emotional moments in my life because I was finally taking full responsibility of where my life was going 
and that was  path of high blood pressure, heart problems diabetes etc. It wasn't easy to finally see that the only one that could change my situation and had refused to was me and nobody else. 

Time has gone by and I can finally run 5 and 10 kilometers without stopping , I'm also currently doing insanity (with a short break due to health issues) and in addition to that I plan on getting into body building as soon as Im done with the program and devoting my life to being healthy.

   Hasta luego

       -    Lili 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment